ARTSWORK PERFORMANCELAB IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
A pioneering and unique opportunity for graduates of Performance Lab to win a 15 month incubation
residency to kick start your own performance company
Form your company
Create your identity
Make your work
Tour your work
Use the support!
The first of its kind at UK Universities, Artswork Performance Lab is offering an invaluable package of incubation support for up to 2 performance companies, drawn from 2009 graduates from Dance, Drama Studies and Performing Arts. The aim is to nurture and develop the graduate companies to become fully professional, working, touring, self-sufficient business entities.
The successful Launchpad companies will start the journey in June 2009 until September 2010, and in the space of this residency will have access to:
· Artistic and Business Mentorship from industry professionals
· Intensive business skills training, including a residential course
· Thousands of pounds worth of ‘in kind’ support in rehearsal and office space, marketing and promotional support, technical and resource materials
· Financial support for training and development
· Specialist mentorship according to your creative angle
· Help with artistic development of your product, company shaping and branding, tour booking, marketing, promotion, web presence and much more
· Introduction to a network of industry contacts
· The opportunity to work with undergraduates
The aims (In a nutshell):
Form a creative company with a distinct identity – Create a new piece for performance – package it up to sell for a South West tour – Launch the show at the Edinburgh Festival 2010– At the end of the incubation period, continue to develop the company and the work for a sustainable journey of growth – Hand over to the new graduate companies...
This is a superb opportunity for students who are hungry, determined, creative and ready to fulfil a dream of launching their own performance company.
The Launchpad will be run in conjunction with the Business Support Office, and the Business Plan Competition. The successful applicants will win a start up prize of £750 (per company), in addition to the placement.
COME AND HEAR MORE…
I would therefore like to invite ALL interested Dance, Drama and PA third years to come to a lunchtime meeting on:
Wednesday January 28th, from 1-2pm in the Stanton Lecture Theatre, where you will receive information on:
(NB – Dance Students, I am aware that this date clashes with your lectures, and another session will be announced for you to be able to attend)
This is a rare opportunity for an emerging creative company – even if you have not considered launching a company of you own, come along and find out more, you never know who you might meet or what new ideas are in store for you.
I look forward to seeing all of you on January 28th!
Artswork Senior Teaching Fellow, Performance Lab
Need help with a project...?
Visit our Exchange Board and find the expertise you’re looking for!